On November 6, 2020, the Community Foundation of Lethbridge and Southwestern Alberta celebrated Random Act of Kindness Day (RAK Day) and encouraged the community to perform random kind acts across Southwestern Alberta. Today, on Giving Tuesday – a global movement that promotes philanthropy – the Community Foundation is happy to announce the recipients of ten $500 Kindness Grants.
Participants in Random Act of Kindness Day were encouraged to share their kind acts with the Community Foundation, which were then entered into a random draw for the chance to award a $500 Kindness Grant to the local CRA-registered charity of the winner’s choosing.
Random Act of Kindness Day is a perfect opportunity to promote kindness and charitable giving. Awarding the Kindness Grants is a fantastic way to show that kindness really does pay.
A list of Kindness Grant recipients follows below:
- Canadian Mental Health Association, South Region
- Empress Theatre Society
- Fort Macleod Handibus Society
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Division (Catholic Central High School), for the Santa’s Anonymous holiday hampers initiative.
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Division, St. Patrick Elementary School
- Lethbridge Soup Kitchen Association
- Lethbridge Taber KidSport Society
- Opokaa’sin Early Intervention Society
- Town of Vulcan (Vulcan Food Bank)
The Community Foundation extends its gratitude to everyone who helped to make this year’s Random Act of Kindness Day initiative a success.